I. Visa and Residence Policy
1. International students holding an X visa must go to the Exit and Entry Administration of Jinan Municipal Public Security Bureau to apply for a residence permit for foreigners within 30 days from the date of entry. The period of validity of the aforementioned residence permit is the duration of the holders permitted stay in China.
2. International students who need to prolong their residence in China beyond the expiration of their residence permits shall apply for an extension before the expiration of their permits from Dept. of Exit-Entry Administration, Jinan Public Security Bureau.
3. In case of any changes in the information written in an aliens Residence permit, the holder of the permit shall, within 10 days, register such changes at Dept. of Exit-Entry Administration, Jinan Public Security Bureau.
4. International students who reside or stay in China shall carry with their passports for possible inspection by police in charge of foreign affairs.
5. International students who wish to lodge at guesthouses, schools or other Chinese organizations（Foreign institutions in China), shall present their valid passports or residence permits and fill in registration forms of temporary accommodation. If an alien wishes to lodge at the home of a Chinese resident（or the home of an alien in China）in urban areas, the host or the lodger shall, within 24 hours of the lodgers arrival, report to the local public security organ with the lodgers passport and permit as well as the hosts residence booklet （passport）, and fill in registration forms. Aliens holding long-term residence permits in Jinan who wish to lodge temporarily elsewhere than their own residences shall report and register accommodation in accordance with the Rules.
6. International students who want rent a house shall apply to the local public security organ. Residences and offices that have already been established in restricted areas shall be moved to non-restricted areas within the time limit prescribed in the notice of moving issued by the city or county public security bureau.
7. International students whose Chinese visa or certificate is lost or damaged shall promptly report to the Exit and Entry Department under the Public Security Bureau and apply for a new one or a replacement.